I am not sure whether it is because I am 28-weeks pregnant or because I am approaching the final weeks of a massive home renovation, but all I want to do right now is nest, organize, and decorate!
One of the things on my mind are wallpapers. I love the idea of using them in our home to add color and pattern but I am freaked out by the commitment. For someone who changed her furniture arrangement monthly, I just don’t know how I can pick something I can live with for the rest of my life (or at least for a foreseeable future).
So I am taking baby steps and wondering if the way to test out my love is to start small and use removable wallpaper in a less conspicuous place like my closet or perhaps the laundry room, or even a wall or two in the kids rooms.
So friends, tell me, do you have any advice or experience in this matter? There is no shortage of beautiful removable wallpapers as I have learned from my online search, but I wonder …
- … if they are as easy to remove as the name suggests.
- … or are they so “removable” that expecting them to stay put for more than a few months is not reasonable?
- … are they a nightmare to put up?
- … are they a good enough replacement for permanent wallpapers?
- … what is the longest you have left the removable paper on the wall without regretting the quality?
- … do you have a favorite brand or place to shop for them?
And in case you are wondering what types of wallpaper patterns have jumped out at me, here are some examples:
Asha’s Room (one focus wall, or just the ceiling)
Boy’s Room (paint walls 3/4 of the way & then apply wallpaper to the top 1/4)
My closet/laundry/any other inconspicuous nook.
A little wrinkle in my wallpaper musings is that Devang is completely against them. Perhaps, showing you what I gravitate towards makes him sound not so out of his mind! But like any good marriage, I am sure we will make it workout somehow. ; )