– Carbs. This morning, I packed a perfectly healthy and satisfying breakfast of yogurt and fruit from home. But once at work, I suddenly had the urge to walk to the bagel shop for a giant toasted bagel with loads of cream cheese. I was still hungry after inhaling it in 5 minutes. Right now I feel like I can finish a loaf of bread without any problems.
– Salt. I’m a sweater so I usually always crave salty things. But today I’ve gone to the extreme of generously sprinkling salt on everything I put in my mouth.
– Indian food. Even though I love it, I never have a craving for it. Which explains why I rarely cook anything Indian or go out to an Indian restaurant. However, since this past weekend, I’ve been rapidly eating my way through the stash of frozen Indian foods that my mom packed. I am already thinking about what I’m going to defrost for dinner.
– A run. I had decided to take a break for a few days. But on Monday I ran from my office to Fletcher’s cove on Capital Crescent Trail. Yesterday, I ran a mile past Roosevelt Island. This has caused great discomfort in my left knee and the subsiding pain in my ankle from hiking Signal Knob seems to be coming back. I should take the day off. But, for some reason I still want to go out and run. This never happens. Must be the carb loading.
– A good book. I picked up Omnivore’s Dilemma last night. It’s good, but not what I am looking for.
You must log in to post a comment.