But consider this a venting session anyway…
- I am trying to book a vacation to Costa Rica in early December (which is just days away!!). This will be our first time traveling to Central America and all my excitement is quickly dissipating as I realize that the easy thing to do with kids (an all inclusive hotel on the beach) won’t give us the true flavor of the beautiful country. After spending hours reading blogs and travel sites I’ve made my peace and decided to opt for rest and relaxation this time around especially since Arjun is so little. Hopefully there will be a next time when we can do the more adventurous stuff. And please, share your thoughts if you have been in the same situation.
- I know people who have lived in Chicago all their life and yet were surprised by the awful weather every winter. While not quite the same, I am going through the same forgetfulness with my hair-loss post pregnancy. I am shedding so much hair every day that I am sure I will go bald in about a week. And no matter how many oils and potions I use it is dry as straw. I went through this with Asha too but somehow this seems worse even though Devang tells me it is the same. I need my good thick hair back please. Ahh!!
- Both my kids have made some kind of pact to keep us from sleeping at night. I can’t blame them entirely. I am a night owl and sometimes get caught up in Netflix, reading, blogging, internet surfing for awesome decor ideas, and the list goes on. I need to be better about getting to bed early.
- Back to my post pregnancy woes, I feel lucky to have good genes since I lost all the weight I had gained pretty quickly without much effort or thought. BUT, everything just feels so loose and jiggly. I feel like a walking jello sometimes. I need to get better about going to the gym. On most days I am pretty active running around so I don’t feel guilty for skipping the gym. BUT, I need to hit the weights for toning. There is no other easier way. I really need to get back to it. Especially since the gym is a short walk away and has free child care! I have no excuse.
- We are on to our third month of living in Raleigh. Fall has been absolutely beautiful. I am also having fun decorating the house. But I have to admit that I feel very lonely on many days. It’s easy to avoid the feeling when I am engrossed in a task, but at the end of the day, I wish I had some other outlet of connecting with like minded people…because God knows making friends is sometimes like dating!
Thanks for lending me your ears. And let me leave you on a high note – A couple of weekends ago we ventured out to the Durham museum of Life and Sciences which among other things has a giant tree house. Guys….it was better than Disney World!