For content strategizing, product/service reviews, and other collaboration ideas please email me at CHIKA@Hello-Namaste.com
AUTHOR EVENTS & STORYTIME: Meeting other authors and connecting with readers is one of my favorite things! Please reach out to me if you are interested in booking a storytime or hosting an author event. I am also available to speak at workshops to share my experience with self-publishing and self-illustrating children’s books.
PHOTOGRAPHY: I shoot my pictures with a Canon DSLR camera (when I feel like making an effort) and increasingly with my Google Pixel 3 XL phone (which to be honest, gives better results than the DSLR on most days). I love taking candid pictures and therefore prefer assignments that involve speaker events (like Creative Mornings RDU), museum/gallery openings, and travel/discovery.
PRESS: WRAL: Go Ask Mom. Spotlight: From finance to children’s books: Meet the Raleigh mom behind the Hello Namaste! board book series – Published May 2019
BOOK REVIEWS: I have lost count of the number of books I have reviewed over the years, most of them being for the amazing and well known publication, Bookpage. A select few reviews and author interviews are listed below but you can click here to get caught up with my latest reviews. Please email me at CHIKA@HELLO-NAMASTE.COM if you wish to have your book reviewed on The Antibland Chronicles.
BRAND AMBASSADOR: Pinhole Press, Petit Collage, and Hilton Hotels, are the three most recent national brands that I have had the pleasure to work with. Please email me at CHIKA@HELLO-NAMASTE.COM for a Media Kit if you think I can help you promote your products and services.
And finally, here is a list of some of my published work … it’s a list I try to keep updated to the minute but sometimes life gets in the way. So if you don’t see an example of what you need, please email me.
Indy Week: Columnist
- How a Little Smart Speaker Went from Invading Robot to Family Member in Just Two Years. Published October 7, 2020
- You Can Do Hard Things. Published August 26, 2020
- In 2020 Resolve to be happy. Published January 14, 2020
- Don’t be afraid to run down your dream. Published November 20. 2019
- Declarations of Independence: In Crazy Times, Some Truths Remain. Published October 9, 2019
- Against the Baby Advice Industry Complex. Published, August 27, 2019
Staff Writer for Due South Media Magazine
- Fearrington Village’s McIntyre’s Books In Pittsboro, NC – Published October 2019
- Getting Crafty With Amelia of Freeman’s Creative in Durham, NC – Published October 2019
- The Inn At Celebrity Dairy In Siler City, NC – Published September 2019
- We’re Reading Botanical Baking by Juliet Sear – Published June 2019
- Business Profile & Interview: Southern Sugar Bakery, Raleigh, NC – Published May 2019
- Wide Open Spaces: A Family Day Out in Raleigh NC – Published March 2019
- Book Review: Slingshots & Key Hooks – Published March 2019
- Six Ways to Raise Children Who love Fruits & Vegetables – Published March 2019
Raleigh Mom’s Blog Contributor
- Instagram Takeover with Rootle and UNC-TV, March 23, 2019
- Work Hard Sleep Harder. Published August 29, 2018
- Let Them Be Bored. Published August 6, 2018
- 3 Tips That Add A Twist To Summer Travel. Published June 20, 2018
- Traveling Circus Visits Blowing Rock, NC. Published January 31, 2018
- The Art of Unitasking. Published January 16, 2018
- A Minimalist Mom’s Guide to Gift Giving for Kids. Published December 16, 2017
Monthly Book Reviews since 2016 for new titles at BookPage which has over 400,000 nationwide subscribers.
- Book Review: Ariel Lawhon’s Code Name Helen. Published April 2020
- Book Review: Christopher Bollen’s A Beautiful Crime. Published February 2020
- Book Review: Mahesh Rao’s Polite Society. Published September 2019
- Book Review: Kira Jane Buxton’s Hollow Kingdom. Published August 2019
- Book Review: Roselle Lim’s Natalie Tan’s Book of Luck and Fortune: Published June 2019
- Book Review: Edward Carey’s Little. Published November 2018
- Author Interview with Edward Carey. Published October 2018
- Book Review: Paula Mclain’s Love & Ruin. Published May 2018
- Book Review: Gail Honeyman’s Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine. May 2017
- Book Review: Phillip Lewis’ The Barrowfields. Published April 2017
- Author Interview with Sara Baume. Published April 2017
- Book Review: Jade Chang’s The Wangs Vs. The World. Published October 2016
Thoughtful and SEO focused blog posts for small businesses and non-profits.
- What To Expect During Your Plastic Surgery Consultation. Published 11/2018
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: What You Need To Know. Published 10/2018
- Be A Stronger Mama in Mind Body & Spirit. Published 9/2018
- American Dance Festival. Published 6/2018
- Hail To The Female Olympians. Published 8/17/2016
- Summer Road Trips Revisited. Published 7/20/2016
Staff Writer for Triangle Downtowner Magazine
- Retail Highlight: Moon and Lola – Published 6/2017. Issue 131. Page 8
- Charity Profile: Alliance of AIDS Services Carolina – Published 6/2017. Issue 131. Page 17
- NC Theatre Welcomes Elizabeth Doran As Their New CEO – Published 5/2017. Issue 130. Page 8
- The Green Chair Project – Published 4/2017. Issue 129. Page 4
National & Local Magazines and Websites
- 20 Best Places to Live in the US. U.S. News and World Report. Published 3/2/2016. Photography and Profile for Raleigh-Durham which is ranked #4 on the list.
- Counting Cows in the Country. Walden Hall Bed & Breakfast. Published 5/2017
- Entertaining with Kids. My Girl Friday. Published 8/8/2015
- The International Lap-Child. Neighborhood Parenting Network. Published 11/1/2014. Page 24
Contract Staff Writer for Life Aspire, LLC’s inspirational network of websites getting millions of unique visitors per month.
- Queen Elizabeth Makes History. Published 2/7/2017
- Doctors Urging Parents To Feed Their Kids Peanut Butter. Published 1/31/2017
- Toxic Dollar Store Finds To Avoid At All Costs. Published 1/6/2017
- Kids And Crowds, Tips To Ensure Safety And Have Fun. Published 11/28/2016
- The One Slow Cooker Mistake Everyone Makes. Published 11/23/2016: