So this is new, no? The 25 random-things-about-me list on Facebook.
I’m getting tagged left and right and I must say that all of them have been very funny and interesting. Here is my attempt at sharing 25 random interesting things about me.
- I don’t check my voicemail, ever. Okay, I exaggerate. I check it 4 times a year. No more, no less.
- I wasn’t named until I was three years old. “chika” is a word my creative, non Spanish speaking parents just “made up” while waiting for my real name: chaitali.
- As a result of #2, I’ve been told “did you know that chika means agirl in Spanish?” by every single stranger I’ve spoken to since I was 16 years old. I am now 27.
- I like going to the dentist, but truly fear the optometrist.
- I want to write a travelogue. Preferably about backpacking and traveling in India.
- I am okay if I never ever have to talk about high school again. I hated it and let’s just leave it at that.
- I don’t like carrot cake. I will never eat it or bake it.
- My two nephews call me Masi which means “like mom”.
- I love to send and receive postcards. Send me an email with your address if you wish to get on my notorious postcard mailing list.
- I am addicted to Trader Joe’s Os, Nutella, Goldfish crackers, and Fig bars.
- I sleep in between my pillows rather than on top.
- I like to run and hope to complete a marathon soon.
- I can drink coffee anytime of the day.
- I cannot stand still on an escalator. I have to keep moving. It seems like a waste of time to just stand there and wait.
- On the same note, I look down upon the students at my school who take the elevator down from floor 3 to floor 1. How lazy can you be!!?
- I am obsessed with used book stores.
- I never travel without my running shoes. That said, I don’t always run when I travel. But it’s good to know that I can.
- I secretly want the life and disposition of Ina Garten
- I have a guitar but need to learn how to play it.
- I think people who spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of fashion shoes or a bag should give an equal amount to charity that helps kids around the world.
- I’m okay if you forget my birthday. It really isn’t a big deal.
- I want to be a pastry chef at some point in time and own a small bakery.
- I am not good with complements. They make me uncomfortable and I never know what to say.
- I love NPR. This American Life is probably one of my favorite shows ever. My ipod gets used 90% for podcasts from NPR and 10% for music.
- I believe that it’s very important to volunteer. Beside getting free stuff, it makes you feel good and helps the community. it’s a win-win-win.
- I love old British comedies. I probably get this from my Dad. Keeping up Appearances, Good Neighbors, To the Manor Born, Mighty Python, are some of my favorites.
- I love Julia Child.
- Last year, I resolved to send a birthday card to all my friends and family. As you might have figured out, that didn’t happen. I’m trying again this year and so far I haven’t missed anyone whose birthday I already knew. Send me an email with your birthday and address if you wish to be part of my resolution.
- I am taking a class about Health in Developing Worlds. I am disturbed by how many kids die each day because of simple things like Vitamin A, Iron, Iodine. We should do more about it.
- I don’t know anything about any sport.
- I am turning into my mother when it comes to feeding others. I constantly want to cook and offer people food when they visit.
- I subscribe to Word of the Day from Dictionary.com. Today’s word? Unwitting (adj): not knowing; unaware; unintentional.
- I always see strangers who resemble folks I know (at least one per day).
- I don’t think I can be long term friends with people who smoke.
I gave you a few extra as a bonus for reading this far.
Oh and we’ll still be friends right?